As the first workshop is fully booked with a waiting list I will, as promised, run a second workshop the following week. All of the information on how to book and details on what is covered is set out in my blog post advertising the first workshop here other than the date for the second workshop which is Thursday 12th Feb. Please text me 0407 871 884 to book in and I will confirm if there are spaces available. If anyone in the first workshop prefers to switch to the second workshop date just let me know.
This blog started as a way for me to share my recipes + culinary adventures, tips for vibrant health + happiness, thoughts on the latest developments in nutritional medicine + the low down on the Sydney wholefoods scene and beyond...
Filtering by Tag: lunches
With school about to start next week (yikes!!) I thought it would be timely to kick off the new year with a school /work lunches workshop. As parents, we all want to raise happy, healthy, vibrant kids and the best place to start is with nutritious home-made meals made simple and easy.
I will be covering the following:
- why childhood chronic illnesses and degenerative diseases are becoming an epidemic
- why such illnesses didn’t exist in traditional (pre-industrialised) societies
- what are some nutrient-dense wholefoods that will give your children the building blocks and energy they need to play, learn, concentrate, grow and function properly, and perform their very best
- why the source and processing of our food is paramount
- why nutrient-density and removal of toxins are key
- myth busting around saturated fats
- what’s wrong with what children (and adults) are typically eating for lunch and snacks: the dangers of sugar, gluten and industrial seed oils
- a 3 step action plan!
- equipment to have on hand
- how to deal with uneaten food and fussy eaters
Cost is $70 per person and includes:
- theory discussion on the above
- detailed handout including theory, lunch box suggestions & recipes
- practical demonstrations
- hands-on experience
- food tasting
- opportunity to ask questions
This workshop is ideal for:
- parents who are confused about what to pack for their children for lunch or morning tea, or want further ideas or inspiration
- students and adults who are confused about what to pack for lunch or morning tea, or want further ideas or inspiration
- people who have transitioned off processed foods but are not 100% clear on how to incorporate or combine wholefoods into their lunches
- people whoare constantly hungry throughout the day despite their lunch
- parents whose children are constantly hungry throughout the day despite their lunch
- people who want to replace or reduce the amount of store-bought /canteen lunches in favour of home-made nutritious lunches
- parents whose children frequently succumb to colds and infections.
Where: 23 Kent Street, Waverley, 2024.
When: Thursday 5th Feb 7:30pm- 10pm ish
Spaces limited to 15. Spots typically book out within 24 hours so get in quick! If the class is fully booked, I will run another class the week later. If you can’t make it on a weeknight let me know and I will organise a weekend class if I get a sufficient quorum requesting that.
RSVP: To secure your spot you will need to:
1. Text me on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available. Spots can only be reserved for 24 hours; and
2. Once I confirm that there is a spot available please transfer $70 (referencing your name and ‘lunches workshop’) within 24 hours to secure your spot into this bank account:
Account name: Star Anise Organic Wholefoods (Aust.) Pty. Ltd.
BSB: 062 000
Account no: 15110110
Please feel free to forward to any friends or family members.
Cancellation Policy: once funds are deposited into my bank account they are non-refundable but can be transferred to another cooking class/workshop upon 48 hours notice.