With Term 1 about to start and the daily grind of school lunches soon to become a ground hog day reality, I have been asked by numerous mothers to run a round of my school and work lunches workshops. As parents, we all want to raise happy, healthy, vibrant kids and the best place to start is with nutritious and delicious home-made meals made simple and easy.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
In this jammed-pack 3 hour intensive workshop I will be covering:
1. Why childhood chronic illnesses and degenerative diseases are becoming an epidemic.
2. Why such illnesses didn't exist in traditional (pre-industrialised) societies.
3. What are some nutrient-dense wholefoods that will give our children the building blocks and energy they need to play, learn, concentrate, grow and function properly, and perform their very best.
4. Why the source and processing of our food is paramount and what you should be asking when purchasing ingredients.
5. Why nutrient-density and removal of toxins are key and how they shape the physiology of our children.
6. Myth busting around saturated fats.
7. What's wrong with what children (and adults) are typically eating for lunch and snacks: the dangers of sugar, gluten and industrial seed oils.
8. A 3 step action plan!
9. My secret tips and tricks, and school lunch and morning tea “formulas” for success.
10. Equipment to have on hand.
11. How to deal with uneaten food, fussy eaters and food intolerances.
12. A 3 step process for transitioning from processed foods to nutrient-dense whole foods.
THE COST OF THE 3 HR WORKSHOP IS $140 + INCLUDES:
+ Detailed theory discussion on the above.
+ Extensive detailed handout (almost 60 pages!) including theory, lunch box suggestions and recipes.
+ Practical demonstrations.
+ Hands-on experience.
+ Food tasting.
+ Opportunity to ask questions.
THIS WORKSHOP IS IDEAL FOR:
1. Time-poor parents who need inspiration with super simple, quick and easy school lunches that are free of processed foods and made with nutrient-dense ingredients that are bursting with flavor.
2. Parents who are confused about what to pack for their children for lunch or morning tea, or want further ideas or inspiration.
3. Parents who have transitioned their children off, or wish to transition their children off, processed foods (e.g. gluten, refined grains, added sugars, industrial seed oils and packaged foods and drinks) but are not 100% clear on how to create a balanced lunch with nutrient-dense whole food ingredients.
4. Parents whose children are constantly hungry throughout the day despite their lunch.
5. Parents who want to replace or reduce the amount of canteen lunches in favour of home-made nutritious lunches.
6. Parents whose children frequently succumb to colds and infections.
7. High school or uni students and adults who similarly want to know how to deal with any of the above issues for their own lunches.
WHEN + WHERE:
WHEN: Wednesday 8 Feb 6:30pm- 9:30pm (ish) and Monday 13 Feb 6:30pm-9.30pm (ish)
WHERE: Broth Bar & Larder, 49 Belgrave Street, Bronte
Spaces limited to 15. Spots typically book out within 24 hours so get in quick!
HOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT:
1. TEXT Soulla Chamberlain on 0407 871 884 to confirm if spaces are available (spaces strictly limited!)
2. DEPOSIT $140 into this bank account (referencing your NAME and “lunches”): Star Anise Organic Wholefoods Education P/L BSB 062 000 ACCT 1628 4526