I will be running a lacto-fermentation workshop on Thursday 20 March 2014 for all who are interested in learning how to make probiotic-rich fermented foods.
We will be covering how to make:
(a) sauerkraut (b) kefir (Turkish yogurt) (c) cream cheese and whey
Lacto-fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir and goats curd are high in beneficial bacterial and enzymes which aid in establishing healthy gut flora – essential for healthy digestion,strong immunity, healthy weight range, metabolism, stable mood and brain function. We will cover what fermentation is, the interaction of pathogens (harmful/unfriendly bacteria) and probiotics (good/friendly bacteria), and the numerous health benefits of probiotics that are found in home-made fermented foods that have served traditional cultures for millennia.
For more information on the benefits of lacto-fermented foods and what I will cover in my workshop refer to one my earlier blogs here.
Cost is $120 per person and includes:
- a vegetable press for making sauerkraut (valued at $35 wholesale price)
- packet of Nature’s Goodness kefir probiotic culture (valued at $10)
- information based on the latest scientific research
- detailed handout with step by step guides and recipes
- practical demonstration
- hands-on experience
- food tasting
: 7:30-10:00pm (ish) Thurs 20 March 2014
: 23 Kent Street, Waverley, 2024
Spaces limited to 10 only. If there are more than 10 people interested I will run another class the week after.
RSVP: To secure your spot you will need to:
1. text me on 0407 871 884 to confirm that there are spaces available; and 2. transfer $120 (referencing your name and ‘LF course’) into my new bank account:
Account name: star anise organic wholefoods (aust) pty ltd
BSB: 062 000 Account no: 15110110
Places will book up quickly!
Please feel free to forward to any friends or family members.
Cancellation policy: once funds are deposited into my bank account they are non-refundable but can be transferred to another cooking class/workshop upon 48 hours notice.